Justice for Mayor Halili death

TANAUAN CITY, Batangas — Hundreds of individuals turned up on Sunday for the memorial service of Antonio Halili, this current city’s mayor once known as “Little Digong,” for his hard stance on crime.

mayor halili

Under cloudy skies and a light drizzle, Halili, 72, was laid to rest after a final public viewing of the mayor’s remains at City Hall.

Halili’s family wore white, but numerous individuals wore yellow shirts set apart with messages calling for justice.

Halili was killed last Monday as he led city employees in singing the national hymn amid flag-raising rites in front of before City Hall.

President Rodrigo Duterte prior said Halili was engaged with the narcotics trade, the reason the mayor was stripped of his control over the local police a year ago.

Halili’s family and associates have denied the allegation.

Batangas Gov. Hermilando Mandanas and the Tanauan City Council gave Halili a posthumous award for his excellent work as local chief executive.

This was previously Halili’s grandchildren sang a cappella Bon Jovi’s “Bed of Roses”— their grandfather’s favorite song.

“You were taken away from us. [You were] a strong person in every aspect of life. I will do my best to give you justice,” said Halili’s daughter, Angeline, 45.

Halili’s widow, Gina, described the killed mayor as honorable and loving not only to his family as well as to his constituents. The police gave Halili a 21-firearm salute as the Philippine flag was hung over his gold coffin.

Source: Click here | How to send load to the Philippines? Checkout Topup Philippines

Advertisements

Duterte’s conditions for lifting the deployment ban of OFW to Kuwait

Containing into the President’s proposition to Kuwait are the provision of sufficient food and sleep to Filipino workers and not subjecting them to sexual abuse.

duterte_189

“The ban stays until I meet the guys and talk,” the President said during the oath-taking of new officials of the Presidential Anti-Corruption Commission in Malacañang.

“One is that ‘wag ninyongkunin ‘yung passport ng Pilipina. Kinukuha nila ‘yung passport eh. Pangalawa, bigyan ninyong panahon matulog.Bigyan ninyong pagkain kasi ‘pag hindi…. Pang-apat, ‘wag ninyong – kasi ang Pilipina hindi ‘yan para – hindutin ninyo [One is that you should not confiscate the passport of the Filipina. They’re getting their passports. Second, you should give them enough time to sleep. You should also give them food because if not, you are a son of a b*tch. Fourth, Filipinas are not there to be sexually abused],” he added.

In the event that the workers’ conditions are not improved, the President is inclined to ask different Filipinos to leave Kuwait and return home.

“Ngayon, ‘pag wala ‘yan, sorry. Umuwi kayo dito, bahala na, pobre tayo [Now, if these are not met, sorry. Just go home. Come what may even if we’re poor],” he said.

Duterte guaranteed that the administration would give help to displaced workers, including allowances. “Eh ‘di hati-hatiin natin ‘yang pera. Eh ibigay ko ‘yan, ‘yung stipend [Let’s divide the money. I’ll give you some allowance],” he said.

The President as of late approved a ban on the deployment of workers to Kuwait following reports of severe deaths and different abuses committed against a few Filipinos.

Duterte’s outrage reached fever pitch following the discovery of a dead Filipina worker inside a freezer in her employers’ apartment over a year after she was reported for missing. Two suspects behind the death of Joanna Demafelis have just been captured in the midst of the Philippine government’s appeals for justice.

“Hindi ko matiis ‘yung ganun. Kaya ako nag –pumutok talaga. Ilagay mo sa freezer tapos lahat nambubugbog, lahat pasa-pasa ‘yung–puro hematoma [I cannot bear it. I really blew my top. You placed her inside a freezer and she was beaten, bruised, and suffered hematoma],” the President said.

“Eh kung gawain ko kaya ‘yan sa mga babae ninyo? [What if I also do that to your women?],” he added.

The President lamented that some Arab employers treat their workers as slaves. Workers, already hungry and deprived of sleep, were sometimes sexually abused by the employers and their relatives, he said.

“If you are a slave bought from the slave markets of Africa or you are paid really to do ‘yung housework, it includes sexual abuse for free. ‘Yan itinago ko ‘yan sa puso ko, ngayon Presidente na ako binitawan ko na kasi hindi ko na matiis [I’ve kept that in my heart but now that I’m President, I’ve to let it out because I cannot bear it anymore],” the President said.

“The human body or the human being can only take so much. Kaya kita mo nag –lumulukso. Destroyed ‘yan physically and wala na mentally. Wala kang kain, wala kang tulog, gamitin ka pa [She is destroyed physically and mentally. You have no food, sleep, and you’ll still be used],” he said.

Following the President’s rage over workers’ abuses, the Philippines and Kuwait are currently making agreement providing insurance to the welfare of workers in the Gulf state. The proposed agreement incorporates an arrangement guaranteeing passports of Filipino workers are kept with the Philippine work attaché and not confiscated by their employers.

Source: Click here | Send load Philippines thru TopupPH

Story Behind The Viral Wedding Photo With Erupting Mayon Volcano

The true story behind the viral wedding photograph of a couple with the erupting Mayon Volcano has been finally revealed.

Earlier, the photos of a newly-wed couple with the erupting Mayon Volcano spread like a wildfire online after it was posted on social media.

The couple was identified as Maica Nicerio and Arlo Dela Cruz, despite the suggestion to postpone their big day because of the dangerous situation of the volcano, pursue their dream wedding.

The two met each other in a summer class amid their college days wherein they fall in love with each other a couple of months after they met.

Like other relationship they experience arguments and lover’s quarrel.

In 2015, Maica traveled to Netherland for a cultural exchange program, which lasted a year. While Arlo, haven’t say goodbye to his girlfriend because it coincides his first day of training as a firefighter.

Arlo shares that trust and communication were the keys to their long-lasting relationship.

In July 2017, Arlo proposed to Maica and carefully planned for their wedding, which landed on January 25, 2018 (Thursday).

Arlo and Maica pursue their wedding ceremony and the erupting Mayon Volcano did not prevent them to tie the knot.

Source: Click here | For parties and events checkout Rinox food cart rental services

Duterte : I will serve full term

DAVAO CITY , Philippines — He may look miserable and depleted, however President Duterte said he isn’t stopping in midstream and plans to complete his term until 2022.

duterte

“I intend to serve really the full term, with God’s will and Allah, so that I can give to the Filipino what I have promised,” Duterte said.

He conceded the workload of the presidency is overwhelming and he has become fatigued.

In any case, Duterte said the fact that he has many issues to settle is more than enough for him to go on and fulfill his command.

“Am I happy? I am not, because I am already tired. I am 72 and I need at least seven hours of sleep to keep me up the whole day,” he said.

Duterte begins his workday usually at 1 p.m. and lasts until the wee hours of the morning the next day where he needs to read and review documents that need his signature.

Duterte however was quick to point out that he is completely aware of the job of being the President, which he said in some cases takes getting used to.

Duterte grieved how the presidency changed his way of life and he couldn’t visit his most loved home base for security reasons.

Send Load Philippines thru Topup PH

He said the main escape from everything is for him to quit.

“The only way to escape is to quit. But I am not quitting. And quitting is not good because I have a covenant with the people. I have an agreement with the people, that I have to serve you for six years,” he said.

Duterte said he is happy that God heard his prayers particularly now that he is the top official of the land.

“I prayed for guidance especially I am not at the helm. I am the captain of the ship. I am here to serve my people,” he said.

He said he hopes to accomplish all that he promised with the assistance of the people. “But really all I need is a little patience.”

Duterte said he promised three main objectives: to address problems on corruption, illegal drugs and criminality.

“My order to the military and police is to destroy the drug organization and criminality to control it. We are also dealing with corruption in government,” the President added.

Source: http://www.philstar.com/headlines/2017/10/09/1746894/ill-serve-full-term-duterte

Police raid killed Mayor and his wife in Ozamiz

Members of the Philippine National Police and Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) equipped with warrants raided homes of alleged illegal drug personalities in Ozamiz City in Misamis Occidental.

ozamiz
Slain Ozamis Mayor Reynaldo “Aldong” Parojinog Sr (left), daughter Vice Mayor Nova Parojinog Echaves

The raids were on residences of the Parojinog political clan.

The raid on Mayor Reynaldo “Aldong” Parojinog Sr’s house resulted to his demise.

His wife Susan likewise died amid the raid.

Ozamiz Vice Mayor Nova Parojinog Echaves has also been arrested after a raid in San Roque Lawis, where authorities seized guns and shabu.

Echaves was brought to the provincial office of the CIDG after the arrest.

The raid in San Roque Lawis also brought about deaths of Barangay Peacekeeping Action Team and Civil Volunteer Organization members identified as Miguel del Victoria, Nestor Cabalan and a certain Vasquez.

How to send load to the Philippines? Checkout TopUp Philippines

Another BPAT member who was killed has yet to be distinguished.

The CIDG also raided City Councilor Ardot Parojinog’s home in Bagakay.

The councilor, a previous provincial board member, was far from his home when it was raided.

During the search five men were arrested as the police also seized firearms and drug paraphernalia.

Police seized a shotgun, three rocket propelled grenade launchers, two hand grenades, eight M-79 bullets and an M-79 rifle, shabu and drug paraphernalia from Councilor Parojinog’s residence.

Authorities also searched through the house of “Dodo”, the mayor’s son.

In February 2017, the Sandiganbayan requested the capture of Aldong and his daughter Echavez, regarding their graft case over the asserted anomalous awarding of a contract for the renovation of a gymnasium in 2008. They posted bail in the same month.

Aldong, who also confronted corruption allegations, had denied any connects to illegal drugs. He was the third mayor to be slaughtered under President Rodrigo Duterte’s bloody crackdown on drugs, which left more than 3,000 dead in reported gunfights with police and has been widely scrutinized by Western governments and human rights groups.

The officers were “met with volleys of fire from (the mayor’s) security, prompting the Philippine National Police personnel to retaliate,” Chief Superintendent Timoteo Pacleb said in a statement. He said that Aldong and six relatives and bodyguards died in his farm house. The mayor’s significant other was allegedly among the dead.

A year ago, police officers shot dead Albuera Chairman Rolando Espinosa Sr. inside a prison cell in Leyte, and seven days before that, another mayor and his nine bodyguards were gunned down allegedly amid a firefight on a street in Mindanao.

Last year as part of a shame campaign, all three mayors were among more than 160 officials Duterte named publicly as being linked to illegal drugs in August

Duterte has promised not to stop until, he stated, the last drug trafficker in country has been eliminated.

Source: http://www.philstar.com/nation/2017/07/30/1722965/ozamiz-mayor-wife-dead-police-raid-parojinog-homes

Without objections CA confirms Cayetano’s nomination

MANILA, Philippines – The congressional Commission on Appointments (CA) affirmed the nomination of Sen. Alan Peter Cayetano as the nation’s top diplomat.

Senator-Alan-Peter-Cayetano
New DFA secretary Alan Peter Cayetano

The CA committees on foreign affairs nominate to the plenary the confirmation of Cayetano as the new secretary of foreign affairs.

Sen. Panfilo Lacson, chair of the CA committee on foreign affairs, said that Cayetano’s affirmation hearing was the quickest ever.

Cayetano was affirmed even before he conveyed his opening statement.

Related: Commission on Appointments rejects Yasay

The new foreign affairs secretary said that he would need to make adjustments taking after his conversion from a politician to a diplomat.

“I will continue to speak kung necessary but not in the political manner that was available to me in the Senate because as chief diplomat, kailangan ko rin isaalang-alang ‘yung departamento at yung relationships natin sa ibang bansa. So in other words, I will be using a different language, a more diplomatic language,” Cayetano said in an ambush interview.

Cayetano quoted his participation amid the Universal Periodic Review by the United Nations (UN) Human Rights Commission in Geneva, Switzerland a week ago as a sample of his diplomatic approach.

The senator led the Philippine delegation amid the review, displaying the human rights situation in the nation before member states of the UN.

MedRep.IO | Medical Sales Representative Job Board in the Philippines

“Nakita n’yo naman ‘yung pagpresent natin ng human rights record natin sa Geneva ‘di ba. We are able to say what the president wants to say but in a diplomatic setting and a diplomatic language,” Cayetano said.

President Rodrigo Duterte declared the appointment of Cayetano, his former running mate and close ally, instantly after the one-year ban on the appointment of losing bets in the May 9, 2016 elections was lifted.

The board earlier rejected the arrangement of Perfecto Yasay Jr. as secretary of foreign affairs after of lying about his citizenship status.

Source: http://www.philstar.com/headlines/2017/05/17/1700842/ca-panel-oks-cayetanos-dfa-chief-nomination-without-objections

Earthquake hits Batangas not a prelude to “Big One”

MANILA, Philippines — There is no relation between the current earthquake swarm in Batangas and the feared movement of the West Valley Fault that can bring about extensive damage in Metro Manila, the top state seismologist said.

quake batangas
Earthquake hit the Netanya Resort in Mabini, Batangas

Renato Solidum Jr, director of Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology, said that there is no known reason for the series of earthquakes in Batangas last week except for movement in a fault system in the region. The quakes jolted close-by areas including Metro Manila.

“The faults or the earthquakes that have been happening all over the Philippines are related to faults in the area but the fault in Batangas and other areas are not connected at all to the West Vallley Fault so there will be no basis for saying that these earthquakes are precursors to the big earthquake in Metro Manila,” Solidum told ANC on Monday.

Referring to quakes in the Visayas area on Monday morning, Solidum said they don’t originate from the Batangas quakes.

“It could just mean that faults are moving, it does not mean anything in a sense of a pattern,” he said.

Solidum and his office have been cautioning the public about a damaging 7.2 magnitude earthquake produced by a movement of the West Valley Fault seen to affect the capital area. Nicknamed the “Big One,” the Metro Manila quake—like all other earthquakes—cannot be anticipated or determined yet but based on historical data; it is expected to occur over within the century.

How to send load to the Philippines? Checkout TopUp Philippines

An earthquake swarm which recently affected Batangas, meanwhile, may even extend to the following few days or week. Two earthquakes struck the area on April 4 and April 8, both followed by hundreds of aftershocks.

Solidum said that Phivolcs is closely observing the Batangas swarm for indications of tapering off.

“Essentially people are advised to just be prepared in case there are strong shocks to the precautionary measures that they are protected in case stronger earthquakes happen,” he said.

Source: http://www.philstar.com/headlines/2017/04/10/1689550/batangas-quakes-not-prelude-big-one